Today you will board the Elephant Express rail car to Hwange National Park, for your 3 night stay at Bomani Tented Lodge.
The Elephant Express seats 22 passengers and the finishes are comfortable and elegant; you will feel like you are transported back to a bygone era. There is individual coach seating, teak tables, chemical toilet; and plenty of aisle space that allows guests to walk around comfortably and provide unrestricted game viewing. (approx 2 hrs / 70 kms rail transfer).
Hwange National Park at 14,500 sq km, is one of Africa’s great Parks and is home to over 100 species of mammals, including nineteen large herbivore and eight large carnivore species, and nearly 400 species of birds. Hwange is elephant country and much of the game viewing relates to magnificent opportunities to view these, the largest land mammals, in a completely wild state. The lodge estate is in an exclusive 5000 acre portion of Ngamo forest adjacent to the Ngamo gate into Hwange National park, 1.5 km from the lodge. Game activities into the park are within a vast exclusive and wild area of the park.
All Hwange activities are available upon request. The package includes 2 activities per person per paying night. The activities to choose from are listed below:
• Traditional open safari vehicles driven by licensed experienced guides
• Morning drives with tea, coffee and biscuits and afternoon drives with drinks and cooked snacks
• Land Cruisers seat up to 9 guests and Land Rovers seat up to 7 guests
• Conducted by a fully licensed and highly experienced professional guide
• Usually undertaken in the mornings
• Ideal for photography of big game on foot
• Night drives within the lodge’s private concession to view the array of wildlife, particularly nocturnal creatures
• Usually undertaken upon return from the afternoon activity or alternatively after supper, particularly when lion are heard calling nearby.
GAME VIEWING BLINDS
• For the hard core photographers we have game viewing blinds at some of our waterholes ideal for wildlife photography.
LOCAL VILLAGE VISIT
• Fifteen minutes drive from the lodge our guests have the opportunity to enjoy a real life look at village life in rural Matabeleland, which is a fascinating experience of a variety of typical daily village activities.