Terms and Conditions
Subscribe and Win an Everest Base Camp Trek
1. Information on how to enter and the prize form part of these Conditions of Entry.
2. Entry is open to all individuals aged 19 years or over who subscribe to the World Expeditions e-newsletter during the promotional period. Employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and agents associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
3. To enter, entrants must subscribe to the World Expeditions Only Footprints e-newsletter at www.worldexpeditions.com/enter or by completing the printed entry form.
4. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
5. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
6. Promotion commences on 7 August 2018. Entries close 5.00pm AEST on 31 July 2019. The draw will take place at World Expeditions, Level 5, 71 York St Sydney NSW 2000 on 9 August 2019 at 2.00pm AEST. The winner will be notified by email or telephone and announced in the August edition of Only Footprints and on the World Expeditions Facebook page. Judge’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered.
7. The first valid entry randomly drawn will win the following prize:
a. Seventeen (17) days Everest Base Camp & Kala Pattar trek with World Expeditions for one (1) person (twin share).
b. Inclusions as per the trip notes at www.worldexpeditions.com/ebc
c. Total prize valued at a maximum of $US2,290 / C$2,990 per person.
8. Winner must travel on a fixed departure between 1 October 2019 and 30 April 2020. Travel is subject to availability and trips meeting a minimum number of 12 booked passengers on the trip. The prize cannot be changed once the booking has been confirmed by the Promoter or its agents with the prize winner.
9. Redeeming your prize must be done directly with World Expeditions and a booking form must be completed and signed by the participants acknowledging the terms and conditions of participation.
10. The prize is redeemable for the land only content, commencing in Kathmandu as outlined in the detailed trip notes found at www.worldexpeditions.com/ebc. The prize excludes any airfares, any taxes, travel visas and travel insurance. Any pre / post night hotels and airport transfers outside the scheduled itinerary, or other ancillary costs not mentioned in the detailed trip notes or within these terms and conditions are not included. Winner can hire gear at their own expense.
11. The prize winner is responsible for all other items of personal nature, including spending money, insurance, transport to and from their departure point, drink, meals (except where stipulated), personal equipment and all other ancillary costs.
12. The prize winner will be required to write 3 blog updates for World Expeditions and supply a minimum 5 images and 2 social posts for the World Expeditions’ social channels.
13. Prize is not transferable, cannot be transferred to another person and cannot be used in conjunction with any other discounts or offers. The prize cannot be exchanged for alternative products or services or redeemed for cash. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value.
14. No responsibility accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries.
15. Unless otherwise provided, if the prize or a part of the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize or the portion of the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to any applicable law. The Promoter has the right to change portions of the prize as determined.
16. In the event of the prize not being claimed within 3 months of the draw date, an unclaimed prize draw will be conducted at the same place as the original draw on 14 November 2019 at 2pm AEST. In the event of a winner in the unclaimed prize draw, they will be notified by email and announced in the December 2019 edition of Only Footprints and on the World Expeditions Facebook page.
17. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law the Promoter shall not be liable for any cost, expense, loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including, but not limited to, indirect or inconsequential loss) or for any personal injury or damage to property which is suffered or sustained as a result of accepting the prize.
18. The Promoter is World Expeditions, Level 5, 71 York St Sydney NSW 2000. ABN 98 001 424 568.
19. The Promoter collects personal information to conduct the Promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties; including, but not limited to, prize suppliers and as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. Unless otherwise advised, the Promoter may also use the information for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes including sending electronic messages. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/18/26684. ATOL Protected #4491.